Finance Manager: Investor Relations and Project management
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities
Finance manager: Investor relations is responsible for ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors and all stakeholders, and creating the appropriate strategy, framework, and tactics, as well as for providing a very compelling investor relations roadmap.
Special projects: Responsible for driving the digital journey within the division – including the implementation of Business Intelligence in alignment with the International Business roadmap and benchmarks.
- Implement and execute on the Vodacom Investors Relations strategy.
- Prepare disclosures under the requirements of the Dar es Salaam stock exchange rules.
- Prepare financial reports and presentations for the Board.
- Prepare investor profile reports for management meetings.
- Prepare content (in both English and Kiswahili) for inclusion in the annual integrated report, including but not limited to financial, strategic and operational performance as well as the corporate governance statement.
- Project manage production of both interim and preliminary results as well as the annual / integrated report.
- Project manage investor conference calls and presentations, investor meetings and visits.
- Project manage the Business Intelligence implementation in line with International Business roadmap.
Shareholder / Investor Management
- Compile a local and international shareholder engagement list.
- Produce quarterly reports on the ownership structure, holdings and trading activities.
- Maintain working relationship with key analysts in order to maintain controlled information flow from the investment community.
- Maintain excellent working relations with the DSE. Maintain professional contact with the CMSA as part of the overall company strategy.
- Prepare monthly share price performance reports with details of transactions and changes to the share register.
- Analysis of the DSE, liquidity, performance, yields, trends and developments in order to assist in internal communications, media engagement and overall IR strategy.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a financial role in a public company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (presentations, report writing, etc.) in English and preferably also in Swahili.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques & principles Ability to persuade, influence and build strong relationships.
- Deep understanding of the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange rules and global equity capital markets.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Advanced Excel skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency.
- Familiarity with HFM and/or telecommunications business models.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools and databases.
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CISA, CIA or similar qualifications, added advantage
- Financial Planning
- Informs Goal Setting
- Financial Analysis
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.